We are seeking qualified candidates for an Attorney position with our Commercial Litigation Group in our Houston office. Our ideal candidate is a 5 to 15 years’ experienced Attorney with (commensurate) experience in matters concerning products and premises liability, employment, and/or general insurance defense.
This candidate may/could also act as lead on litigation and supervise other attorneys in various aspects of discovery, motions, and preparing cases for trial; inclusive of deposition experience, contacting/retaining experts and arguing motions. The candidate must be admitted to the bar in Texas, have excellent academic credentials, and have significant interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will routinely:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis;
- Draft necessary agreements and documents with efficiency and clarity;
- Manage projects from commencement to closing;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Ability to effectively manage junior associates and others;
- Strong negotiating skills.
Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Texas.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcript and a self-authored writing sample of a motion, pleading, or research memorandum by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruiters or telephone calls please
Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP is an equal opportunity employer