Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, a national law firm, has an immediate opening for an experienced Staff Accountant in the Trust/GL Department. The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of work experience, preferably in a professional services environment. The Staff Accountant will play a key role in the finance function in our Oakland office relocating to Walnut Creek in April 2024, working under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer. The Trust/GL Department works with attorneys in every state and with a multitude of Trust accounts and banking partners. This is an ideal position for candidates to advance their careers in a challenging, complex environment with a successful, national law firm.
- Deposit receipts in the correct bank accounts and process settlements in accordance with Attorney guidance.
- To transfer funds into the operating account to pay AR invoices and vendors.
- To record all transactions via journal entries in the Aderant accounting system at the matter level.
- To gain knowledge of State Trust guidelines and ensure procedures followed are in compliance with State guidelines.
- To work on the Trust balances over 18 months old.
- Research outstanding checks.
- To clear all outstanding transactions on the bank reconciliations.
- Reporting of Trust balances and prepare special reports/ analysis as requested by Attorneys.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable, Collections, GL and Cash Receipts Departments.
- Help evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting controls and procedures.
- Special projects as assigned by the CFO.
- An Accounting qualification or experience is required.
- Technically proficient in accounting across multiple functions
- Attention to detail and accuracy of processing transactions.
- Ability to communicate with Attorneys and office staff across the US.
- ERP systems experience required.
- Ability to juggle multiple requests and respond quickly to changing priorities in a high transaction environment.
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
We offer a competitive salary with a full benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, Disability & Life Insurance. For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to ADMRecruiting@grsm.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org with Staff Accountant in the subject line.
No Recruiter or telephone calls.
Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary - $75,000