Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani LLP, a national law firm, has an immediate opening for an experienced General Ledger Accountant. The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years of work experience, preferably in a professional services environment. This GL Accountant will play a key role in the finance function in our Oakland HQ office, working under the direction of the Chief Accounting Officer.
• Financial Statement Reconciliations and Account Analysis
• Participation in month-end and year end closing procedures by preparing journal entries and supporting schedules
• Working with the IT Department on leased asset management
• Maintain Rent Schedules and Contracts
• Fixed Assets Reconciliation
• Manage local sales and property tax filings across multiple offices
• Financial analysis of operations, reporting and reclassifications of transactions
• Oversee the use of Company Credit Cards, book expenses, as incurred
• Collaborate with Collections, Trust, Payroll and AP Departments, when necessary
• Help evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting controls and procedures.
• Special projects as assigned by the CAO
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is Required
• Technically proficient in accounting across multiple functions
• Working knowledge of GAAP, systems, practices, controls and procedures.
• Working towards a CPA qualification preferred
• ERP systems experience required.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and respond quickly to changing priorities
• Ability to work independently with little direction
• Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills
This is an ideal position for candidates to advance their careers in a challenging, complex environment with a successful, national law firm. We offer a competitive salary with a full benefits package. For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to ADMRecruiting@grsm.com, with GL Accountant in the subject line.
No Recruiter or telephone calls.
Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, is an equal opportunity employer.