Christine Stickley is a litigator in the Wyoming office of GRSM focusing her practice on the representation of businesses and individuals in civil litigation. Her diverse practice includes civil rights, complex commercial claims, business, health care fraud, health care, employment, torts and product liability, copyright and trademark law, and compliance with complex state and federal regulations. Christine assists clients through all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies.
Christine served in state government for more than a decade defending state employees and agencies in civil cases including civil rights, police misconduct, wrongful death, and employment issues. She also regularly advised government personnel on employment, contracts, policies, procedures, civil rights, administrative actions, promulgating rules, and drafting of legislation. She is a former federal prosecutor, having served as Special Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Wyoming while she served as the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit Director for the State of Wyoming prosecuting civil and criminal health care fraud cases as well as Qui Tam actions. During that time, she was instrumental in drafting and testifying before legislative bodies on legislation that became the Wyoming Medicaid False Claims Act.
Her product liability experience includes the successful defense of a boiler heating system company against asbestos related claims. She also successfully represented an architect against claims they chose faulty/defective flooring products. Further, she defended a nonalcoholic beverage manufacturing company in Wyoming against claims the fumes plaintiff inhaled from the hot beverage caused occupational asthma.
- U.S. District Court, District of Wyoming
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- State Bar of Wyoming
- State Bar of Colorado
- Defense Lawyers Association of Wyoming
- State Bar of Wyoming, Fee Arbitration Program, Arbitrator
- State Bar of Wyoming, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Chairperson, 2014- 2019
- State Bar of Wyoming, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, 2019- Present
- Executive Committee of the National Association of Medicaid Fraud Control Units, Member, 2011-2013
- Governor Freudenthal’s State Agency Leadership Team, Member, 2010