Kelly Brewer is a Partner in the Raleigh office of GRSM. She focuses her practice on employment, medical malpractice, and professional licensing matters. She represents employers, insurance companies, and their insureds in litigation, as well as before federal and state administrative agencies, defending her clients against claims of discrimination, harassment, professional liability, and premises liability, including claims regarding Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, The Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), as well as representing them in complex commercial disputes. Kelly also regularly represents medical providers in a variety of settings including civil litigation, the Industrial Commission and proceedings before state licensing boards.
A graduate from the University of North Carolina School of Law, Kelly practiced at a regional insurance defense firm before joining GRSM in 2022. She has tried cases to verdict, and has been recognized by Best Lawyers as One to Watch in the areas of insurance law and medical malpractice defense.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- State Bar of North Carolina
- Wake County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- American Society of Healthcare Risk Management, North Carolina Chapter