Leslie K. Eason is the Office Co-Managing Partner of the Atlanta office, the Office Managing Partner of the Birmingham office, and the Office Managing Partner of the Jackson office. She has a national practice focusing on employment law, business litigation, and consumer litigation. Before joining the firm, Ms. Eason served as General Counsel at a company with nationwide and international operations. In this role, she reported to and worked directly with CEO/President concerning all legal matters for the company, including employment issues, contract negotiations, business policies and procedures, compliance-related issues, and litigation (initiation and defense). This prior corporate experience allows Ms. Eason to address disputes from a business perspective, giving deference to a client’s bottom line.
Ms. Eason’s employment practice centers on assisting corporate entities with all aspects of employment-related business operations, including the creation and implementation of policies and procedures; training for staff and supervisors; administrative investigations; mediation; litigation; trial; and appeal. A particular focus of Ms. Eason’s practice is the representation of clients against FLSA claims, discrimination claims, and disability claims. Ms. Eason provides counseling to employers on a variety of personnel issues, including hiring, termination, leaves of absence, overtime compensation, and disability. She also regularly speaks on topics including recent developments in employment law, common employment issues, and wage and hour laws.
Ms. Eason represents public and privately held entities and their principals in business-related disputes. She focuses on a broad array of industries including healthcare providers, telecommunications companies, franchisors, security companies, tech companies, manufacturers, and service companies. Handling complex commercial litigation matters involving breach of contract claims and related allegations is a central part of Ms. Eason’s practice. This includes contracts of all types such as master service agreements, leases, asset purchase agreements, restrictive covenant agreements, and confidentiality agreements, among other things.
Ms. Eason also defends corporate entities in consumer litigation. This includes nationwide and state class claims arising under the TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act), FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), and FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act).
- State of Georgia Court of Appeals
- State of Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Nu Lambda Omega Chapter
- Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Advisory Board Member
- GRSM African-American Affinity Group, Chair
- GRSM Diversity Committee
- GRSM Women’s Initiative, Atlanta Office Chair
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys, Co-Chair of Labor & Employment Section (2014-2015, 2017, 2019)
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys Foundation, Board Member/Treasurer
- Law360 Employment Editorial Board (2017)
- Leadership Georgia, Class of 2014
*Not admitted to practice in Mississippi