Mitch Fishberg is a Partner in the Hartford office of Gordon & Rees. He handles a wide range of litigation matters with a focus on general tort, products liability, commercial, and employment claims, on behalf of business clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start ups and emerging growth companies in the manufacturing, consulting, technology, healthcare, hospitality and financial services industries.
- Counsel clients through all facets of the litigation process, from the initial development of the overall defense strategy through implementation of the litigation plan through discovery, trial and post-trial motions.
- Expert assessment of the risks and costs associated with the defense of claims and provision of advice to clients with respect to most efficient and effective means to resolve claims, including consideration of early settlement, mediation/arbitration or other alternatives to lengthy and costly discovery and trial.
- Leadership of defense teams responsible for management of numerous single and multi-plaintiff high stakes tort, product liability, commercial and employment claims.
- Strategic counseling to clients with respect to identification of claims best suited for early settlement intervention, the establishment of realistic settlement values and successful negotiation of single and multi-party settlement agreements.
- Develop, negotiate, and draft agreements that form the business relationship, such as executive employment, proprietary information and noncompetitive agreements; independent contractor and consulting arrangements; bonus/commission plans and policies; equity and incentive compensation plans; employee handbooks, codes of conduct and personnel policies.
- Provide strategic counsel to companies with respect to difficult employment-related issues, including handling whistleblower allegations and investigations; conducting investigations of employee misconduct such as trade secret theft or fraudulent acts; responding to allegations of unlawful discrimination or harassment; handling complex employee issues arising from mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, outsourcing transactions and workforce restructuring; and establishing industry-specific employment policies and comprehensive procedures to govern the relationship;
- Utilization of skills developed from stint as Chief Legal Officer of multi-national corporation to help understand and align interests of internal constituents within client organization.
Mr. Fishberg is a frequent speaker and has been published in the National Law Journal, the Connecticut Law Tribune, the Connecticut Tech Tribune and the Corporate Counselor Newsletter. He was designated as a New England and Connecticut Super Lawyer in 2010-2015 and is listed in the 2013-2020 editions of The Best Lawyers in America. Super Lawyers is published by Thomson Reuters. Best Lawyers is published by Best Lawyers in partnership with US News and World Report. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut