Suleman Malik is an Associate at GRSM and is a licensed attorney in New York and New Jersey. He has been selected as a Super Lawyers Metro Rising Star and frequently publishes and lectures, offering his perspective on a number of legal topics.
Suleman has years of experience representing clients ranging from small to large businesses in the construction, solar, and transportation industries and other similar professions concerning primarily substantive litigation, as well as transactional matters. His area of expertise involves handling contractual and quasi-contractual disputes, business torts, unfair trade practices, class action litigation, anti-trust litigation, consumer fraud, defective design and construction, surety bond claims, mechanic’s liens, diversion of trust funds, and many other statutory and common-law claims.
He also has a well-versed understanding of construction-related agreements, service agreements, power purchase agreements, commercial real estate leases, insurance policies, and general contract principles. He has extensive familiarity in dealing with complicated and nuanced insurance, bonding, and lien-law issues.
Throughout his career, Suleman has secured countless victories and beneficial results for his clients through substantive motion practice at the trial and appellate level, mediation, arbitration, or at trial in a courtroom or before a municipal regulatory or legislative body. Overall, his diverse legal and personal background gives him a unique advantage in counseling his clients diligently, vigorously, and efficiently.
*Not admitted to practice in Connecticut
- American Bar Association
- Muslim Bar Association of New York, Former Social Media Chair & Webmaster
- National Association of Muslim Lawyers, Former Board Member
- New York State Bar Association
- Young Real Estate Professionals of New York
- Emory University Alumni Interview Program, Global Co-Chair
- Emory University Alumni Association, NYC Chapter
- NYSBA COVID-19 Pro Bono Network, Volunteer
- Assist New York Business Owners in Managing Force Majeure-Related Contract Disputes
- ABA Free Legal Answers, Volunteer Attorney, New York
- Oxford College Alumni Board Member