Andrew M. Schwartz is a Partner in the Philadelphia office of GRSM and is a member of the Commercial Litigation, Professional Liability, Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors' Rights, and Government Regulatory & Administrative Law practice groups.
Andrew’s practice is largely devoted to matters regarding professional liability, concentrating on creditors' rights defense, defamation and privacy issues, business and commercial law, and legal malpractice matters. Andrew defends all manner of financial institutions, debt servicers and buyers, auto finance companies, collection attorneys, student lenders, telecommunication providers, mortgage lenders and credit reporting agencies.
In 1991 Andrew graduated from the "Great Books" program at St. John's College in Annapolis, Maryland, where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree. Andrew attended Hofstra University School of Law in Hempstead, New York, and earned his juris doctor in 1996.
While earning his juris doctor, Andrew served as a summer law clerk for the Honorable Zelda Jonas of the New York Supreme Court. He also assisted in the creation of an award-winning homeless advocacy group, representing indigent clients through the homeless advocacy group and criminal defendants through the Hofstra Criminal Justice Clinic. Andrew received the Former District Attorneys of New York Criminal Justice Award in 1996. Additionally, Andrew was a two-time recipient, 1994 and 1995, of the Hofstra Pro Bono award for service to the community.
Andrew began his legal career with Prudential Securities and later was employed as a litigation associate with a law firm in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second and Third Circuits
- ACA International
- ACA Members' Attorney Program
- Pennsylvania State Chair, 2009-2011
- State Bar of New Jersey
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association