Ariane Janz is Senior Counsel in the Chicago office of GRSM. Her practice focuses primarily on Complex Commercial Litigation, Cyber Security, and Insurance Coverage. Ariane regularly counsels and represents insurers in complex coverage disputes involving data breaches, cyber-attacks, a wide range of employee theft schemes, and commercial contract disputes. She has extensive experience with fidelity bonds, commercial crime policies, and cyber claims. Representing clients across the nation, Ariane has experience in all aspects of complex litigation.
Prior to joining GRSM, Ariane was an Associate attorney in a full-service law firm in Chicago where she represented businesses in Complex Commercial Litigation matters. Ariane has experience in all phases of litigation in both state and federal courts, as well as at the appellate level.
Before entering private practice, Ariane clerked at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa for the Honorable C.J. Williams.
While pursuing her law degree, Ariane gained experience as a summer associate in BigLaw and at a business law firm in Cologne, Germany. Prior to law school, she spent time at Interpol in Washington, D.C. and the United States Embassy in Berlin, Germany.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Associate Committee Liaison, The Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law