Franz Hardy serves as the Co-Managing Partner of the Denver office. He is a trial attorney with over two decades of experience. He has an active state and federal trial court practice, in addition to handling numerous precedent-setting appeals.
Franz works closely with clients to develop a sound legal strategy. While recognizing that most cases resolve, he believes that creating an early litigation plan often times results in favorable resolution. This strategy involves the efficient and effective use of pre-trial tools and, if necessary, ultimately prepares the matter for trial.
Franz has held various leadership positions within in the legal community, including as past president of the Denver Bar Association, past president of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Colorado, and former chair of the University of Colorado Law School Alumni Board. He has served and continues to serve on several non-profit boards. Further, as Co-Chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee, he is responsible for guiding the firm’s award-winning commitment to diversity and inclusiveness across the country.
Franz is a frequent author and lecturer on various topics affecting attorneys and the practice of law, including ethics, privileges, confidentiality, and diversity.
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado (Board of Trustees)
- Colorado Legal Services (Board of Directors)
- Arguello Dream Catchers ‒ Law School Yes We Can (2018-2022 Board of Directors)
- Denver Bar Association (2017-2018 President)
- State Bar of Colorado (2017-2018 Executive Council)
- Colorado Supreme Court Board of Law Examiners’ Character and Fitness Committee (2015-2019)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Colorado (2012-2013 President)
- University of Colorado Law School Alumni Board (2015-2016 Chair)
- American Bar Association - Section of Litigation (former Co-Chair of Content Management Committee, former Co-Chair of Diversity Committee, and former Co-Vice Chair Committee on Corporate Counsel)
- Center for Legal Inclusiveness (2008-2013 Board of Directors)
- DRI-The Voice of the Defense Bar (2015 Diversity for Success Conference Program Chair)
- Sam Cary Bar Association
- Colorado Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
- Beyond involvement in several non-profit organizations, Franz enjoys helping the next generation of law students and new lawyers find successful and rewarding legal careers. He regularly meets with students and new lawyers in formal and informal settings to assist in their career development. He also participates in a variety of speaking engagements and mentoring programs in this area. Franz has also worked with officials in Colorado’s law schools, leaders of local bar associations, and prominent area lawyers to address diversity and inclusion efforts in the legal profession.