Franz Hardy serves as the co-managing partner of the Denver office. He is a trial attorney with over two decades of experience. He has an active state and federal trial court practice, in addition to handling numerous precedent-setting appeals.
Mr. Hardy works closely with clients to develop a sound legal strategy. While recognizing that most cases resolve, he believes that creating an early litigation plan often times results in favorable resolution. This strategy involves the efficient and effective use of pre-trial tools and, if necessary, ultimately prepares the matter for trial.
Mr. Hardy has held various leadership positions within in the legal community, including as past president of the Denver Bar Association, past president of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Colorado, and former chair of the University of Colorado Law School Alumni Board. He serves on several non-profit boards. Further, as Co-Chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee, he is responsible for guiding the firm’s award-winning commitment to diversity and inclusiveness across the country.
Mr. Hardy is a frequent author and lecturer on various topics affecting attorneys and the practice of law, including ethics, privileges, confidentiality, and diversity.
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
- Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado (Board of Trustees)
- Colorado Legal Services (Board of Directors)
- Arguello Dream Catchers ‒ Law School Yes We Can (Board of Directors)
- Denver Bar Association (2017-2018 President)
- Colorado Bar Association (2017-2018 Executive Council)
- Colorado Supreme Court Board of Law Examiners’ Character and Fitness Committee (2015-2019)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Colorado (2012-2013 President)
- University of Colorado Law School Alumni Board (2015-2016 Chair)
- American Bar Association - Section of Litigation (former Co-Chair of Content Management Committee, former Co-Chair of Diversity Committee, and former Co-Vice Chair Committee on Corporate Counsel)
- DRI-The Voice of the Defense Bar (2015 Diversity for Success Conference Program Chair)
- Sam Cary Bar Association (Executive Committee)
- Colorado Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association
Beyond involvement in several non-profit organizations, Mr. Hardy enjoys helping the next generation of law students and new lawyers find successful and rewarding legal careers. He regularly meets with students and new lawyers in formal and informal settings to assist in their career development. For example, Mr. Hardy is a mentor of a college student and law school student through the Arguello Dream Catchers – Law School Yes We Can program. He also participates in a variety of speaking engagements and mentoring programs in this area. Mr. Hardy has also worked with officials in Colorado’s law schools, leaders of local bar associations, and prominent area lawyers to address diversity and inclusion efforts in the legal profession>