The Richmond office complements the firm’s Williamsburg and Alexandria, Virginia offices, as well as our other east coast and national offices.
The attorneys in the Richmond office have local, regional, and national practices focusing on:
- Business / Commercial Litigation
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- Employment (both counselling and litigation)
- Community Associations (HOA, Condo, and Development)
- Health Care
- Retail & Hospitality
- Real Estate
- Class Action Defense
- Franchise (both transactional and litigation)
- Product Liability Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- Premises Liability Defense
- General Liability and Tort and Insurance Defense
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Trucking and Transportation
- D&O and Shareholder Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Consumer Protection Litigation
- General Litigation
They also serve as outside general counsel to a wide array of businesses in the greater Richmond area and all throughout Virginia, and offer their clients the benefits of Gordon & Rees’ full-service national platform. The Richmond office also serves as bankruptcy local counsel on an array of national corporate bankruptcy filings in the Richmond Division of the Eastern District of Virginia.
The office’s attorneys have been featured in, or honored by, publications such as Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, Chambers USA, Virginia Business Magazine, Virginia Lawyers Weekly, and Coastal Virginia Magazine.
The attorneys in the Richmond office are very active in the local business, legal, civic, and charitable community, participating in organizations such as the Richmond Bar Association, Community Associations Institute (Central Virginia Chapter), the Estate Planning Council of Richmond, the Trust Administrators Council of Richmond, the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, the University of Richmond Alumni Association, the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) - Virginia chapter, the Legal Aid Justice Center, the Virginia Bar Association, and several religious congregations.