The 13th Annual National Asbestos Litigation Conference will take place on October 7-8, 2010 in New York City. The prominent annual event is co-sponsored by Gordon & Rees and co-chaired by defense counsel Michael Pietrykowski, plaintiffs' counsel Joseph Belluck, and the Honorable Martin Shulman of the New York Supreme Court. Michael and Joseph also chaired the 12th Annual National Asbestos Litigation Conference, along with Joseph J. O'Hara Jr., Vice President and Associate General Counsel of Owens-Illinois Inc.
At the October 2010 conference, Michael will be also moderating the following two discussion panels:
Early Intervention and Effective Case Management
- What other mass torts have set better examples?
- How to get to closure, sooner?
- What do all sides need to settle typical cases before reaching the court?
- Settling cases-does the approach need to vary by jurisdiction?
- Should parties be concerned with macro or micro level impacts?
Consolidation-The End All, Be All-Why or Why Not?
- Is consolidation a meaningful tool for all parties, including the court?
- How to make consolidation cost effective
- Minimizing prejudicial impacts of consolidation
- Analysis of due process, and how it is affected by consolidation
- Useful alternatives to consolidation, if any?
- Reverse bifurcation, time limits and "other procedural devices"
To review the agenda and register to attend the conference, please click here.