Andrew Hutton is Senior Counsel in the Austin office of Gordon & Rees and is a member of the Drug & Medical Device, Tort & Product Liability, Appellate, Commercial Litigation, and Construction practice groups.
Mr. Hutton has developed a broad practice representing clients in complex civil and appellate litigation pending in state and federal courts throughout Texas and around the country. He has extensive experience in a wide variety of litigation matters, including business and commercial disputes, product liability, health care liability, premises defect, construction defect, toxic tort and personal injury cases. In 2011, 2012 and 2013, Thompson Reuters named Mr. Hutton a “Rising Star” in Texas Super Lawyers® Magazine, a distinction given to less than 2.5% of the lawyers in Texas.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Hutton served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Texas and as an Assistant Criminal District Attorney in Tarrant County, Texas. He also served as a Briefing Attorney for the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals and as a Legal Intern for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Mr. Hutton received his J.D. in 1999 from Duke University School of Law in Durham, North Carolina, where he graduated magna cum laude. While at Duke, he also served as a Volunteer Community Educator for the Rape Crisis Center of Durham, and was active in the school’s Death Penalty Clinic and Criminal Litigation Clinic.
Mr. Hutton also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Tulane University, where he achieved Dean’s List honors and graduated cum laude in 1995.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Community Ambassador, Dripping Springs Independent School District
- Ruling Elder, Dripping Springs Presbyterian Church
- Long Range Facilities Planning Committee, Dripping Springs Independent School District
- Bond Steering Committee, Dripping Springs Independent School District
- Gifted & Talented Advisory Committee, Dripping Springs Independent School District
- Co-Chair, Friends of Dripping Springs Education