Gordon Endow is a partner in the San Francisco office of GRSM. He is a past chair of the firm's Business Transactions Practice Group, and an active member of the firm's Intellectual Property and Commercial Litigation Practice Groups, as well as our Diversity Committee. Gordon specializes in corporate transactions and litigation that involve intellectual property, including venture capital financing, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), technology development and licensing, privacy, e-commerce, compliance, and protection of and disputes over intellectual property.
Gordon devotes most of his time to transactional matters. He focuses on industries in the high technology sector (including software, hardware, IT, and telecom), biotech, and in the cloud. Because every company has intellectual property, he also counsels clients and drafts and negotiates joint development, purchase and supply, marketing, and joint venture agreements for manufacturers, consumer products goods companies, and services companies in all sectors, including international, health care, real estate, energy, sports and entertainment, hospitality, construction, wine, and financial services.
Prior to joining GRSM, Gordon practiced law in-house for a large telecommunications company. He works with internal clients to provides practical and proactive problem-solving advice in order to make his in-house colleagues’ jobs easier. He serves as outside general counsel for many company clients, with his broad and deep knowledge of contract, intellectual property, competition, employment, governance, and shareholder issues.
At GRSM, Gordon has had extensive IP and commercial litigation experience, including multi-billion dollar complex contract cases. He both prosecutes and defends against claims of patent infringement, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and privacy violations.
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Japan Council
- Silicon Valley Japan Platform, a partnership between the U.S. Japan Council and the Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation
- International Law Committee, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (co-chair)
- World in Tohoku, a Japanese NPO (member of Board of Advisors)
- Business Law Section, State Bar of California
- Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of California