Zackary Paal is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer in the Environmental/Toxic Tort group who has handled a wide variety of complex and high-risk cases. He represents clients as national coordinating counsel and local counsel in the Maritime, Aerospace, Natural Resources, Healthcare, and Industrial Manufacturing sectors. Zackary has tried numerous cases to defense verdicts and favorable resolutions in Washington, California, Louisiana, and Oregon.
As national coordinating and local counsel, Zackary aims to control costs and mitigate risk and liability soon after a case is filed with targeted motion practice, by coordinating litigation strategies, and retaining leading medical and scientific expert witnesses.
Prior to civil litigation, Zackary was a public defender and in-house counsel for an international sourcing and importing company. Before becoming a lawyer, Zackary worked for more than a decade providing mental health and substance abuse counseling and social services to at-risk youth and their families.
- District of Columbia
- Defense Research Institute – Cannabis Practice Group
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association – Co-Chair of Litigation Section
- National Cannabis Industry Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) – Premium Member
- Yale Alumni Association of Western Washington – President