We have an opening for an experienced Litigation Paralegal & Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant in our New York City office. The firm offers a friendly, business casual environment with a competitive salary and full benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Disability & Life Insurance. There may be flexible options for successful candidates, including hybrid opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required and a Paralegal Certification a plus.
- Extensive experience with the management of large multi-case dockets.
- Management of multiple case deadlines, deposition coordination, drafting pleadings and discovery.
- Client reporting and general support for attorneys and team members.
- Extensive knowledge in preparing for expert depositions and trial preparation for toxic tort/MDL litigation matters.
- Experience with toxic tort billing guidelines is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
- Candidates should be familiar with the NY State and Federal Rules and Administrative Procedures. Experience filing/serving out of State and in the Court of Appeals is preferred, but not required.
- Work independently on pleadings, discovery, motion preparation and e-discovery.
- Successful candidates should have experience and knowledge with e-filing in state and federal court, case management, docketing, e-discovery, document review, exhibit preparation, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and previous Compulaw and iManage/Document experience is beneficial.
- Candidates must have excellent analytical and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Toxic Tort or Insurance Defense cases is a plus, but not required
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Manage calendar and coordinate travel for Partners & Associates.
- Send approved communications on behalf of the Partner and Associates and a diverse range of administrative assignments.
- Support work includes a high level of trust and gatekeeping of sensitive documents and external communication.
- Candidate must maintain independent judgment, strong problem solving and proofreading skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to organize and/or shift priorities in a consistently fast-paced environment is essential.
- Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- Law firm or Legal Department work history required.
- Ability to e-file in NY required (both NY & NJ State and Federal a plus), as well as experience with handling paralegal tasks.
Salary Range $65,000 - $82,000
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to NYRecruiting@grsm.com, with “the job title in the subject line.
No Recruiter or telephone calls please.
Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani is an equal opportunity employer.