The pace and breadth of technological innovation presents extraordinary opportunities and unprecedented risks to companies and individuals throughout the world.
As cyber attacks, data breaches, and the costs associated with them continue to increase, our Privacy, Data & Cybersecurity Practice Group helps clients meet the challenges they face in maintaining and protecting customer, employee, and confidential information from unauthorized use and disclosure and helps them comply with evolving state, federal, and international laws and regulations.
Whether our clients require assistance in the creation, implementation, or maintenance of sound practices and compliance procedures, risk assessment and management, responses to data breaches, notification requirements, or litigation including class actions, our Privacy, Data & Cybersecurity attorneys are well qualified to lead clients toward positive solutions.
With a diverse combination of experience in commercial litigation, consumer protection, intellectual property, employment, and business transactions/corporate law, our multidisciplinary team is able to address all aspects of this practice area.
The Privacy, Data & Cybersecurity Practice Group focuses on providing legal services in the following areas:
- all aspects of litigation including arbitrations, class actions and state/federal court proceedings across the country;
- Federal Trade Commission and State Attorney General investigations of data, privacy, information or security breaches/violations;
- compliance, audits, and risk management;
- establishment of privacy policies, programs, and procedures;
- crisis management and related advice;
- counseling on information handling;
- email and telemarketing regulation;
- security breach management;
- employee training; and
- regulatory inquiries and investigations.
Our Privacy, Data & Cybersecurity Group also works closely with the Firm’s Advertising and E-Commerce practice group to address compliance and incident response and management under, among others, compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), advising on email, SMS, and telemarketing laws.
Our attorneys remain focused on personalized client service, communication, and responsiveness.